61 Central Ave, East Orange, NJ 07018
Monday - Friday
10:00am - 8:00pm
9am - 8:00pm
10:00am - 4:00pm
To protect our community during covid-19 we are only offering no contact curbside pickup.
All sales are final. We will not accept exchange or returns.
As I Am Twist Defining Cream 8 oz
Shiny smoothness, (and lots of it), is what you'll get when you twist with this one-of-a-kind rich creamy styler. Made especially for highly textured hair with nurturing natural oils, plus an organic extract that provides the ultimate in moisturization.
There's even a wondrous organic compound blended in that works to block DHT and stimulate healthy hair growth.
• Produces shiny, well-defined twists and twist outs
• Produces strong, lasting definition
• Minimizes frizz and maximizes smoothness
• Hydrates dry hair
• Helps promote healthy hair growth from the follicular level
• Helps prevent shedding and thinning
Use after cleansing and conditioning your hair. (Do not towel dry or blot after your final rinse.)
• Apply As I Am® Leave-In Conditioner liberally, according to instructions. This will help prevent flaking once hair is dry.
• Apply Twist Defining Cream to detangled hair while it is wet, in small sections from root to tip, then twist away! Spray with water if hair begins to dry before you're done.
• Air drying is recommended. You may use a hood dryer on the low setting if time or weather is an issue.
• For twist outs, undo twists and separate, only after hair is completely dry.
• For added moisture, scrunch Moisture Milk or DoubleButter® Cream onto hair, daily or whenever needed.
You may use Twist Defining Cream for shingling, too, by combing it section-by-section through clean, detangled soaking wet hair with a wide-toothed comb. Dry thoroughly before manually fluffing and separating for style.
YouTube : As I Am Product Review + Demo
Dennis & Monica Alston
Systahood Beauty Supply opened its first location in East Orange, NJ in 1998. Placed in a prime location, Systahood thrived and quickly became a community staple. Since opening its doors in ‘98, Systahood not only met the hair care and beauty care needs of the surrounding area, they also supported the community at large through donations, community events, and hiring locally.
The second location of Systahood Beauty Supply, Systahood Beauty Supply II, opened in Easton , PA in 2011. They soon found that they filled a much needed niche for African American families in the area by specializing in products that catered to textured hair. They are one of very few beauty supplies in the area that supply products for this demographic of people and take great pride and responsibility in this.Owners, Dennis and Monica Alston, have a long standing reputation in the Northern New Jersey area as “all around good people.” Dennis has always had a knack for entrepreneurship. As a social butterfly, he has always been great at making friends and has always had a friend he could call to help him solve any problem. He’s always invested in his social capital and it has always served him well. Monica, before getting into entrepreneurship, occupied various positions professionally but also served an organization called Systas 4 Systas, Inc. which aims to empower young women through programming and mentorship. Her overall spirit of serving can clearly be seen in the work that she does and the service she provides for Systahood. She continues to give back to the community, using Systahood Beauty Supply as means to donate to those who may be less fortunate. Through their various connections and work ethic, they have been able to grow Systahood, Systahood II, and Brotherhood Barbershop.